Membership Plugin

WordPress Membership Plugin

  • Home
  • Documentation
  • Addons
  • Support
    • Quick Setup
    • Documentation
    • Premium Addon Support
    • Paid Support
    • Support Forum
    • Support Forum Search
    • Forum Login
    • Forum Registration
  • Contact
You are here: Home

GenesisK

  • Profile
  • Topics Started
  • Replies Created
  • Engagements
  • Favorites

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • January 10, 2022 at 8:40 pm in reply to: Members who renew before they expire are being switched to "inactive" #23470
    GenesisK
    Participant

    Yes. My access duration is correct, hence people are expiring exactly as they should. We only have one membership type and it’s an annual membership that expires exactly 1 year after the customer’s date of sign-up.

    As I said above, the problem is the people who are choosing to renew EARLY are being switched to “inactive” on their expiration date, despite the fact they renewed (and the system clearly shows they renewed and even adds an extra year onto their membership exactly as it should.)

    So the question is…why is it doing that for EARLY renewals? Because everybody else that renews AFTER or ON their expiration date are not having any problems.

    I shouldn’t have to go in and manually change early renewals from inactive back to active again. That’s a pain and almost impossible to keep up with. So I’m trying to figure out how to fix this.

    January 7, 2022 at 10:33 pm in reply to: Members who renew before they expire are being switched to "inactive" #23464
    GenesisK
    Participant

    All of our members are annual so their expirations are set to 1 year after they join.

    Here’s an example of what’s happening… I had a member whose membership expired on 12/31. She renewed early on 12/19. Her payment went through and her expiration date changed in the system to 12/19/2022. That’s all great. But when 12/31 rolled around, instead of keeping her as an active member, it switched her to “Inactive.” I had to go in and manually change her back to “active” so she had access again. Obviously, that shouldn’t be happening and I don’t know how to fix it.

    November 18, 2021 at 7:56 pm in reply to: Register for an Account Before Payment ignoring my default "Pending" settings #23306
    GenesisK
    Participant

    Actually, I contacted tech support and they explained why this is happening and apparently there’s no workaround. But thank you anyway!

    November 18, 2021 at 7:06 pm in reply to: Register for an Account Before Payment ignoring my default "Pending" settings #23305
    GenesisK
    Participant

    Correct! I need it to act the same way as when I have it set for them to pay first and then fill out the registration form second – which keeps everyone in “pending” mode until I go in and manually approve them. But for whatever reason, when you invert the process and have them register first and THEN pay as it explains here: https://simple-membership-plugin.com/allowing-members-create-account-prior-completing-membership-payment/ …it overrides the default “pending” setting and makes everyone “active” automatically without my approval.

  • Author
    Posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Next Page »

Please read this message before using our plugin.

Search

Featured Addons and Extensions

  • Membership Form Builder Addon
  • Member Directory Listing Addon
  • WooCommerce Payment Integration
  • Member Data Exporter Addon

Documentation

  • Documentation Index Page

Copyright © 2026 | Simple Membership Plugin | Privacy Policy