April 25, 2016 at 11:20 am #6667
There are a lot of plugins and themes out there. Not all of them are coded nicely. Also, some plugins maybe doing something that contradicts with what our plugin is trying to do.
So it is a good idea to test for plugin and theme conflicts to make sure you don’t have a conflict in your site.
Plugin Conflict Test
- Temporarily deactivate ALL the plugins except the simple membership plugin.
- Temporarily deactivate ALL addons/extensions also (if you are using any).
- Test to see if the plugin behaves how it is suppose to.
- If it works correctly when you deactivate the plugins then that means you have a plugin conflict.
- Activate your plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.
- Report the problem to the developer of that plugin.
- Also post the issue on our forum with the findings of your plugin test.
Theme Conflict Test
- Temporarily switch the theme to any of the default WordPress themes (twenty sixteen, twenty fifteen etc.)
- Test the plugin behavior.
- If it works correctly with the default WordPress theme then you have a theme conflict.
- Report the problem to the developer of that theme.
October 14, 2016 at 4:26 pm #8575
- This topic was modified 3 months ago by admin.
I have already done troubleshooting steps.
What seems to happen is the first time you login, it works just fine. After logging out and logging back in, then it does not redirect — it stays on the login page and gives the member’s info like this:
Logged in as
And if you then try to go to the protected page, it goes there, but says you need to login instead of showing the content.
SO I created a whole new member, and it worked correctly when I logged in. Then I try to log out, and it takes me to the home page — which I figured out means it did NOT log me out. I can go back to the protected page without logging in. Other times it would log me out. And then sometimes it would work correctly. Others it would revert to the old broken behavior. Sometimes the only way I could log out was to clear my cookies.
Sometimes I would get logged out and then try to log in as a different member. It would then give me the membership details for the original member — not the one I just logged in as. I even checked to make sure I was really logged out. It just keeps saying I am the old member. I have to clear history and cookies for it to actually login as the new member — at which point it takes me to the correct page and shows me the protected content.
It is erratic and I can’t find the rhyme or reason to it.
Note that on my staging site: [http://bearesources.staging.wpengine.com/] same theme, same plugins, same settings, it all works. I pushed the live site to staging so I could see if I could reproduce it and try disabling plugins there. But I can’t make it not work on staging. Only on the live site. [http://bearesourcehouston.org/]
I have debugging on but the debug file is always empty.October 14, 2016 at 8:30 pm #8580
@websydaisy, The following post should be helpful for you:
https://simple-membership-plugin.com/forums/topic/common-reasons-for-member-login-related-issues/May 26, 2017 at 9:54 am #11052
Same problem with betheme theme, muffing group editor, i switch to default themes (tweentys etc.) and the plugin works fine.. please help!May 27, 2017 at 5:40 am #11055
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.