April 7, 2020 at 1:05 am #20056
We offered you a full refund since the addon wasn’t working correctly on your site (we couldn’t pin-point the source of the conflict on your site). Did you not get the refund?
Please note that there is always going to be a small percentage of sites where things are setup in a complicated manner and things just doesn’t work correctly. We will try our best to investigate for the paid addon but there are many things on your site that are completely beyond the control of our plugin. So sometimes we will fail to identify the exact source of the conflict and we will refund you in that case.May 14, 2020 at 7:59 pm #20249
In case someone is still running into similar problems, I finally solved mine!
It turned out that in “Settings > Mail settings > Sender mail address” (Could be slightly different, I don’t use SWPM in English) we didn’t have a valid e-mail. The plugin still logged the mails as successfully send, but this obviously caused an error.
So everyone better triple check your settings!June 22, 2020 at 6:39 pm #20483
I solved the issue by:
a) using plugin WP Mail SMTP
b) using Sendinblue and following WP Mail SMTP’s instructions to set up Sendinblue (I don’t understand all this stuff so I needed an idiot’s guide: https://wpmailsmtp.com/docs/how-to-set-up-the-sendinblue-mailer-in-wp-mail-smtp/
c) creating a subdomain with my web hoster, for these Sendinblue emails, as recommended in the above link.
I also had to make sure that in the Form Builder add-on for this plugin, in the registration form, I did NOT tick to send a notification, as this prevented the sending of the notification I’d set up in the plugin’s settings>Email settings> “Registration Complete”
(And I made sure that WP Membership plugin Settings>Email Settings>Admin Email Address was a gmail address I know I receive emails from, as I’m not yet sure how to receive emails from the new address I set up with Sendinblue. Ignore this bit if you know better)
With all that, many hours later, it’s all working.
My issue initially was that only one of the emails was getting delivered to customers, and none to myself. It happened after I changed webhoster. I THINK it’s something to do with my email address being considered spam (before it even reached people’s spam boxes) and I THINK that’s why the issue was eventually solved by the Sendinblue and subdomain and WP Mail SMTP combination. Phew!
Hope that helps someone.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.