Simple Membership Version 3.8.2
1. Go into the Membership Levels
2. Click on “Post and Page Protect” tab
3. Click the Pages subtab
4. Note that none of the pages are selected because none have been protected (in my case this is the initial setup)
5. Select the Membership Level you want (in my case it’s “Data Administrator”)
6. Select a bunch of pages by putting a checkmark next to them
7. Click the Update button
8. Go to the Pages section of the WP admin
9. Open one of the pages selected in step #6
10. Scroll down to the Simple WP Membership Protection section
11. Note that the following values are set (you’ll see that clearly something happened, just not completely):
Do you want to protect this content?
No, Do not protect this content. [THIS is selected]
Yes, Protect this content. [This SHOULD be selected]
Select the membership level that can access this content:
12. The workaround was to open each page and change the No to Yes and update.
I guess I have to say shame on me for reading the documentation and interpreting it differently. If I follow the steps exactly as written, it works correctly (go figure 🙂 ). I would like to say, with all due respect, that the UI process should be such that instructions aren’t needed, i.e., the bulk protect process is not intuitive.
Thanks for the help.
I would like to say, with all due respect, that the UI process should be such that instructions aren’t needed, i.e., the bulk protect process is not intuitive.
Just out of curiosity, how would you make the bulk protection process work more intuitively in your opinion?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.