The membership Join Us page is your landing page where you will send potential members. Visitors of your site will need answer to the following questions before they will decide to become a member:
- What kind of membership site are you running?
- How many different membership options do you have?
- What are the benefits of each membership offered on your site
- How much does it cost?
- Why should they join and become a member?
- What kind of content can they expect to get as a member?
- and so on…
You should try to answer all (or most) of those questions on your Join Us page.
You should also put the payment buttons for the different membership options on your join us page. So when visitors have made up their mind as to which membership option they want to pick, there is a call to action button for them.
If you are offering a “Free” membership option, then the call to action button for that membership option should just be a link to the “Registration” page. If someone goes to the registration page without paying, they will be offered a free membership account.
The plugin already creates a placeholder “Join Us” page when you install it. All you have to do is edit that page in WordPress page editor and implement your modifications/changes.