Membership Plugin

WordPress Membership Plugin

  • Home
  • Documentation
  • Addons
  • Support
    • Quick Setup
    • Documentation
    • Premium Addon Support
    • Paid Support
    • Support Forum
    • Support Forum Search
    • Forum Login
    • Forum Registration
  • Contact
You are here: Home

TroyWolf

  • Profile
  • Topics Started
  • Replies Created
  • Engagements
  • Favorites

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
← 1 2 3
  • Author
    Posts
  • August 31, 2016 at 1:02 am in reply to: last_accessed is not updating #8051
    TroyWolf
    Participant

    Thanks for the fast reply!

    I already have the “Show Member Info” plugin installed. I don’t know what you mean exactly by this:

    Also in the Members tab you don’t have the login time period added to the tables.

    August 29, 2016 at 9:34 pm in reply to: Regarding bbPress integration #8036
    TroyWolf
    Participant

    So I have my first member asking why they don’t see their avatar in the forum (bbPress). When members add a photo to their membership profile, it is not seen by their bbPress profile. I am looking for ways to integrate this.

    There are WP avatar upload plugins that claim to support bbPress as well. For example:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-user-avatar/

    But I assume I can’t just install this–that the Simple-Membership profile avatar is it’s own custom thing. Right?

    August 27, 2016 at 3:37 pm in reply to: Change Payment Button Text? #8032
    TroyWolf
    Participant

    I really appreciate the support–it’s a big part of what makes Simple Membership a valuable product. Thanks! Sorry that the answer to my question was “RTFM“. πŸ™‚

    For those that come after me, yes, read the documentation! The 5 second specific answer to this question is:

    [swpm_payment_button id=75 button_text=”Join Now”]

    August 26, 2016 at 2:23 pm in reply to: Menus content protection #8012
    TroyWolf
    Participant

    I’ve got some good news, Erica Li! This morning I found the “If Menu” plugin that does what I want:

    http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-add-conditional-logic-to-menus-in-wordpress/

    It is a simple plugin that seamlessly integrates with the WP Appearance/Menus management tool. Right out of the box, it support showing or hiding menu items depending on whether the user is logged in or not.

    While it takes a bit of PHP programming skill, the article also includes instructions for how to expand the filter conditions. This means we could add filters to hide or show based on Membership Level, etc.


    @mbrsolution
    shared some Simple Membership PHP tricks with me that could be used to expand the If Menu plugin’s filters if you need.
    https://simple-membership-plugin.com/simple-membership-miscellaneous-php-tweaks/

    If I develop any of these, I’ll post the details here. If I knew anything about creating WP plugins, I assume I could develop a Simple Membership <===> If Menu plugin integration that would add SM specific filters to the If Menu filter set. No doubt this would be easy work for the SM developers.

    August 26, 2016 at 2:14 am in reply to: Order of Employees #8003
    TroyWolf
    Participant

    Really appreciate those links to more advanced things we can do with the plugin!

    I need to apologize! I should not have posted this question here in the SM forum because my issue was with a Sydney theme widget. I found my answer here:
    http://athemes.com/forums/search/Order+of+Employees/

    Turns out I can manage the order of employees by manipulating the published date. Odd hack, but works. πŸ™‚

    August 26, 2016 at 1:47 am in reply to: Standard way for user to access their Profile? #7995
    TroyWolf
    Participant

    Yes, I did. Of course a later SM plugin update might break my change, but I’ll know how to change it again if necessary.

    Thanks for all your work and for your support here in the forums!

    August 26, 2016 at 1:30 am in reply to: Standard way for user to access their Profile? #7990
    TroyWolf
    Participant

    Sorry — somehow that sentence got messed up. The way many sites do this is to show your username when logged in, and for your username to be a link to your account profile. e.g.

    Logged in as troy

    I edited loggedin.php to make it work this way. I also stripped out much of the other stuff so my logged in user has this in their sidebar:

    Logged in as troy
    Logout

    Thanks!

    August 26, 2016 at 1:27 am in reply to: How to link custom registration form to a Membership Level? #7988
    TroyWolf
    Participant

    Thanks for the reply. Those instructions don’t explain HOW you associate a specific form with a specific membership level. Instead, it seems it just happens magically somehow.

    I actually only have one membership level. I had the default form and then created a custom form that I wanted to use instead. I guess instead of creating a new form, I needed to edit the existing form that was already associated with my single membership level. I made the assumption I could create any form I wanted then associate it with any membership level.

    SO…I’m working now — just edited the existing form that was already tied to my membership level.

    Thanks.

    August 26, 2016 at 1:10 am in reply to: Simple Membership member attributes and wp meta data #7983
    TroyWolf
    Participant

    I’d like to echo @bob2016. The import users plugin is great, but it assumes you already have a WordPress site full of users. Like Bob, I’m starting a fresh WordPress site for an existing club with about 100 members.

    The club has all these members in a spreadsheet. I am familiar with manipulating data for CSV import, but SM does not offer an import tool that works this way.

    I am very comfortable with MySQL and can import data directly, but I’m not confident I know all the tables I need to touch to correctly import my user data. Clearly I need to import both into WP’s original user tables and SM tables, but as Bob points out, I gain little if I can’t import all my custom registration form fields.

    I guess I could import minimum user data into WP, then figure out how to automate the saving of the full registration data from a CSV file.

    August 25, 2016 at 2:01 pm in reply to: Menus content protection #7979
    TroyWolf
    Participant

    +1 I think. I’d like ability to show/hide menu item depending on if person is logged in or not. Consider these 2 menu items:

    LOGIN (goes to login page)
    MY ACCOUNT (goes to profile page)

    User not logged in:
    LOGIN (show)
    MY ACCOUNT (hide)

    User IS logged in:
    LOGIN (hide)
    MY ACCOUNT (show)

    August 24, 2016 at 3:15 pm in reply to: MailChimp Integration Improvement #7967
    TroyWolf
    Participant

    +1 from me (I think).

    I am creating a website for a local motorcycle club that has about 100 members. One of the questions they asked was, “Will the system email the member to let them know their membership is about to expire and remind them to renew?” I said, “I’d be very shocked if it didn’t.”

    Well…I’m shocked. SM does not remind users that a membership is about to expire. I’ve read the official responses to this issue that suggest it’s OK because the membership will expire and when the member logs in next, they’ll be told the membership expired and they can then renew. Well, we want to be pro-active and not have memberships flop in and out of expiration.

    It seems @glforte has the same thought I did—to use Mailchimp integration to assist in sending Membership Renewal Reminder email to folks with pending expiration dates.

  • Author
    Posts
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
← 1 2 3
« Previous Page

Please read this message before using our plugin.

Search

Featured Addons and Extensions

  • Membership Form Builder Addon
  • Member Directory Listing Addon
  • WooCommerce Payment Integration
  • Member Data Exporter Addon

Documentation

  • Documentation Index Page

Copyright © 2026 | Simple Membership Plugin | Privacy Policy