November 8, 2018 at 7:39 pm #16798
A customer of mine complained that they couldn’t access parts of my site whereas she had a premium subscription.
The subscription is a trimestrial plan processed through Stripe and automatically renewed.
Upon checking her data, I figured out that :
1 – Her account was set as “Expired” on the Simple Membership Plugin
2 – She had successfully debited for the second time on my Stripe Dashboard and there was no payment failure
3 – The payment I saw on my Stripe Dashboard wasn’t in the Payments dashboard of the Simple Membership plugin.
I guess payments are retrieved from Stripe with an access to their API (Webhook?), but I believe there was a failure in retrieving the user data, which then set her account to expired though she paid.
Any possible explanation and ways to prevent this from happening again?
MarwannNovember 9, 2018 at 4:34 am #16800
Please ensure that everything in this procedure has been done correctly:
Please pay particular attention to “Step 6.”November 9, 2018 at 9:22 am #16801
Thanks. All steps were carefully respected and all webhooks appear in the Simple Membership Dashboard, except this one.
So I guess it failed. As I checked the charge on Stripe, couldn’t get info about the webhook unfortunately:
This event is older than 15 days. Its webhook delivery details are archived and unavailable.
I know Stripe retries sending an event over the next few hours if the webhook fails, but the fact I can’t see this particular event makes me think there should be a way to retrieve events from stripe manually in such cases.November 9, 2018 at 6:35 pm #16802
Stripe is the party with the archive. Try calling them?November 21, 2018 at 1:01 am #16849
I am currently having the same issue (not sure if I should start a new thread). The initial Stripe subscriptions went fine. Payments are made and people receive proper access for a month. Stripe is now processing the start of the 2nd month, but nothing updates in the Simple Membership side. Accounts go to expired status.
I have followed the help document and checked and rechecked every field. The only thing I did notice is that the Stripe customer ID does not match the SM subscriber ID. Not sure if they are supposed to be different or not (the first few characters are the same but not the rest).
Where else could I look for the problem source?December 1, 2018 at 12:36 am #16895
Following up here… I am still manually adjusting the start dates because the communication between Stripe subscription and SM is not working properly when a follow up payment is made to a subscription.December 1, 2018 at 3:10 am #16897
same here actually… it did not work for me either, so stopped with it. First payment is ok and member is set to active for first period. The follow up payment however did not put the member to active again. follow up Payment of subscription goes ok at stripe and it does not show any problems. i have the hook set up and checked all but whatever i try, member is not set to active again after recurring payment. also stripe id DOES match wpsm customer id in my case.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.