Tagged: translation poedit
There are some strings missing in the Dutch translations. I wanted to make a new one based on the simple-membership.pot-file, but PoEDIT is returning some erros when I try to open. See lijndiensten.com/docs/log-bvkm.txt. Can you review the file?
I found the same when I did translations in German language. I can’t read Dutch, I assume you used in Poedit “Catalog” and the “Update from POT file”. (I’m using German version of Poedit, so it might be that the original and the Dutch version are using different terms.) That doesn’t work. What worked for me is to open the pot file with poedit. Poedit then deletes strings, and states the are faulty. I then opend the po file and updated from the new “corrected” pot, which works, but there are just a few strings added if any. In a next step I copied the plugin software to my PC and again went to “catalog” and then “update from source file”. Poedit then added a lot of strings. The po file created that way covers most of the strings, just a few are left untranslated.
Hope this helps.
Jep, that absolutely helps, I got to update the po-file from the pot with this approach. Thanks a lot!
glad to hear it helped.
You should also update the po file form the source code. It’s not a big thing to do and you make sure the po file is complete.
The POT file (simple-membership.pot) has been regenerated. So there shouldn’t be any error anymore.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.