The Email Notification and Broadcast Addon for the Simple Membership Plugin provides admin with the ability to configure and send expiry notification emails to their members before and after their account expires. Within the email body, a link to the member renewal page can be added to make the process quick and easy for members.
Installing the Addon
- Click on the “Add New” menu under the plugins interface.
- Click on the the “Upload Plugin” button to go to the upload tab.
- Upload the Email Notification and Broadcast addon file.
- Hit the “Install Now” button and then activate the addon.
Once you activate this addon, you will see an additional menu under WP Membership. This new menu is titled Email Notifications and is where admin can configure all notification emails that they wish to send out to their members.
Configuring Email Notifications
This addon gives you the ability to send three different types of notification emails to current and expired members. One of the emails is used to notify members the day after their account expires, another is used to notify the member ‘X’ amount of days after their account has expired and the third email is used to notify the member ‘X’ amount of days prior to their account expires.
- Once you are in the Email Notifications menu you will see three different emails that you can configure.
- Choose which emails you would like to send to your members. Mark the Enable Checkbox for the emails that you wish to send.
- In the second and third email you will need to enter a numeral. This numeral represents how many days before an account expires or after an account expires that the email will be sent.
- Ensure the correct From Email Address is in each of the emails. The from address should include your domain name. For example, ‘Your Name <email@example.com>’.
- Include an Email Subject. The email subject should inform the customer that their account has expired or will shortly expire.
- Include an Email Body to let your members know about their account status. You can also include a link to the membership renewal page. Linking to this page will increase the likelihood of a member renewing their account.
- After configuring the emails you wish to send, click the Update button towards the bottom of the page to save the configuration.
- The addon will check the member accounts daily and send notification emails accordingly (depending on when their account expires).
Example: Email Notification Sent the Day After a Members Account has Expired
Example: Email Notification Sent ‘X’ Amount of Days After a Members Account has Expired
Example: Email Notification Sent ‘X’ Amount of Days Prior to Member Expiry
Using an Email Address for Batch Emails
It is a good idea to use an email address (that you own) in the “To Email Address for Batch Emails” field of the settings. The addon will then use it as the main “to address” when sending the batch email (this is helpful for some servers when sending the batch email).