The Dynamic Menus Addon for the Simple Membership Plugin gives admin the ability to set custom menus for specific membership levels. The Dynamic Menus Addon is useful for sites where each membership levels has access to entirely different content. This means once a member logs in their menu will be relevant for their level.
Installing the Addon
- Click on the Add New menu under the plugins interface.
- Click on the the Upload Plugin button to go to the upload tab.
- Upload the Zip File for this addon.
- Hit the Install Now button and then Activate the addon.
- After you activate this addon a new option titled Dynamic Menus will appear under WP Membership.
Example: After Activation a New Menu Will Appear
Setting Up Dynamic Menus for Specific Member Levels
Once you are in the Dynamic Menus page, you will see each of your current membership levels listed one after another. It is here that you can specify which menu members of each level will see once they log in.
1) The Default Menu
The Logged in Members Menu will be shown for all members unless a specific menu has been chosen for their level. Leave all the membership levels as Default to show the universal menu chosen for the Logged in Members Menu. Ensure you click Update after configuring any changes.
2) Setting a Menu for a Specific Level
- Next to the membership level of your choosing, click the drop down menu.
- Select the menu that you wish to be shown once members of that level log in.
- Click the Update button towards the bottom of the screen once you have configured all of your dynamic menus.
- When members of that level log in they will see the menu you have specified.
Example Use Case for this Addon
They then chose this menu from the Golden Subscriber drop down within the Dynamic Menus Settings.
Now when a Golden Subscriber logs in they will be shown the appropriate menu. Other membership levels are shown the simple menu.
Golden Subscriber Menu:
Menu Shown to Other Membership Levels/Non-Members:
How to Create a New Menu
Any new menus you create from your WordPress dashboard will show up as an option in the drop downs of the Dynamic Menus Addon. To create a new menu complete the following steps:
- Once in your WordPress dashboard, click on Appearance and then on Menus.
- Towards the top of the page, click the Create a New Menu button.
- Give your menu a Title and then click on Create New Menu.
- Add all the Pages/Posts that you wish to this menu.
- Ensure once complete you click the Save Menu button.
Example: Create a New Menu
Click on the button highlighted with the arrow below to create a new menu.