The bulk member data importer is a free addon that lets you import all your member’s info from a CSV file. You can easily upload member details from a CSV file into Simple Membership plugin.
Please note that if you want to import your existing WordPress users into Simple Membership plugin then there is an easier option for you. Simply install the free Simple Membership WP User Import add-on. Once you have installed the add-on, navigate to WP Membership -> WP User Import and start importing the “WP Users” into Simple Membership.
Download the Bulk Member Importer Addon
Click here to download the member import addon.
Installing the Bulk Member Importer Addon
- Click on the Add New menu under the plugins interface.
- Go to the Uploader tab and upload the swpm-bulk-import-members-from-csv.zip file.
- Hit the Install Now button and then activate the addon.
Do the following to prepare the CSV file that you will use to import the member details.
- Download the csv template file from our site and open it using Microsoft Excel.
- Fill in the member details in the CSV file. One member per row (there are a few example entries in that file so you can see how to enter the values). Replace those sample values with actual details.
- If you enter any Date values, it needs to be in the format: YYYY/MM/DD. Example value 2020/06/21
- Once you are done entering all your member details then save the file as a CSV file.
Go to the Admin Interface of Bulk Importer Addon
In order to use the addon, go to the Member Bulk Import link from the simple membership admin dashboard menu.
Perform the following steps to import the user details from the CSV file:
- Enter a default password if you want to. All the imported members will have this password set for their account. You can leave this field empty and the addon will randomly generate a password for the accounts. The members can later change the password by logging into the site and going to the edit profile page.
- If you want the members to receive a “Registration Complete” email after you import their account, then enable the “Send Registration Complete Email” checkbox.
- Click the “Browse” button and upload the CSV file (containing the members info). The addon will import the data and show you the import success/failure result.
If you are using a Non-English language then the CSV file may need to be encoded using UTF-8 formatting.
If you enter any Date values, it needs to be in the format: YYYY/MM/DD. Example date value: 2020/06/21
This tool can’t handle importing of any custom fields at this stage. The primary purpose of this tool is to allow importing of some core member data. Once the member logs into the site and goes the profile page, he can submit custom data (if you have configured custom fields via form builder addon).
Instruct Members to Reset Password After Importing
It is a good practice to instruct your users (the ones that you have imported) to update/change their passwords. You can also tell them to use the “Forgot Password” feature (standard protocol) to reset their password and then they can log into the site as usual.
Delete CSV File After the Import
The uploaded file should get deleted automatically. However, after you finish the importing of the user data, you should go to your media library to check and delete the CSV file (if the file is still there). That way you do not have that file left on your server after you are done with the import.
Exporting Member Data
If you want to export all your members data then check our member data exporter addon.