This mainly to applies to users with non-english customer base.
You want to use the widely accepted UTF-8 format for your PayPal Instant Payment Notification (IPN) messages. Otherwise, when PayPal tries to send the payment notification using an encoding that is not native for your language, some characters will be unrecognizable.
Setting PayPal IPN Message Formatting
You can easily set the IPN message format to “UTF-8” from your PayPal profile by doing the following.
- Log into your PayPal account
- Go to your profile
- Look for the “PayPal button language encoding” section under the My selling tools
- Make sure your website language is set to the correct language
- Click the more options button
- Make sure encoding is set to UTF-8
- Then save settings
That should do it. The plugin won’t have any issue with the language encoding after that.