Once you have setup the membership plugin and created a few membership levels, you may want to start applying some content protection to your site.
Applying content protection with Simple Membership plugin is pretty easy. Use the following steps:
- Edit the Post or Page that you want to protect in WordPress editor.
- Scroll down to the section titled Simple WP Membership Protection.
- Select Yes, Protect this content option.
- Check the membership levels that should have access to that post/page’s content.
- Hit the Update/Save/Publish button to save the changes.
Note: When you protect a post/page using simple membership, ONLY users logged into the simple membership plugin will be able to view the actual content of that page. Everyone else will see a message telling them that the content is protected.
Testing Content Protection
Do the following to test and see how the content protection works:
- Create a test post/page on your site with some sample text.
- Apply content protection to this post/page.
- Create a test member account for yourself (assign a membership level that will have access to the content).
- Open a different browser window where you are not logged-in as admin. (Or use a different computer).
- Go to this test page in this new browser (it should show a protected message).
- Log in using the newly created test member account (via the membership login page).
- The test page’s content should now be visible to you.
Apply Post and Page Protection in Bulk
Read this documentation to learn how to use the bulk protection for your posts and pages.
Section or Partial Protection
If you want to apply partial protection then check this free addon. The partial protection lets you protect some parts of your posts and pages.
Full Page Style Protection
If you want to hide the full page of a protected post or page then check this free addon. This is useful if you don’t want the visitors to see any portion of your restricted posts or pages.
Custom Post Type Posts
If you are using a plugin that uses custom post type posts and you want to apply protection to those custom posts, then check this free addon.